CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Tip #1 - Shredded Chicken

Here's a tip about shredding chicken and freezing it for future meals! My friend Devynn taught me this and posted it on her blog, so I thought I'd post it here to. HERE's her link.

Boil your chicken until it isn't pink anymore (I boil 5+ at a time in my biggest pot straight from the freezer) and then take the chicken out of the water and put it in your Kitchenaid mixer with the whipping attachment and shred your chicken! Then I freeze them in approximately 1-cup increments and I always have shredded chicken on hand. It's awesome!!!!

Now, I don't have a Kitchenaid mixer, but this chicken is so moist when it's finished boiling that, once it cools down, you can shred it with your hands (or two forks). Or, if you want to be really brave, you can put it in your food processor for a very short time. (Each time I've done this, I end up with teeny tiny pieces. It's great for mixing into applesauce for Westley, making chicken salad, or topping your salad with, but not so great for meals with substance. So, still working on getting it "just" right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment