CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Menu - Mon, September 7 - Sunday, September 13

Well, here it is! Our menu for the first week! Remember, tomorrow is Labor Day, and I'm not actually starting this until Tuesday, since we will be out with Will's mom tomorrow during the day. We will scrounge up something around the house for dinner, and probably have lunch with Will's mom. Anyways, here it goes!

***I can't promise that each person will eat exactly what's on the menu for breakfast. Will usually gets up before the rest of us, and I doubt he will "follow a menu". LOL. But that's ok. It shouldn't mess things up.***

Monday, Sept. 7
B - Stuffed French Toast
L - ???? (We will be out and about)
D - Probably Tuna Fish sandwiches or a Tuna Helper (just to get rid of our last "boxed" dinner)

Tuesday, Sept. 8
B - Oatmeal
L - Mac & Cheese w/Hot Dogs (sounds gross right? Will & the kids love it)
D - Roast chicken w/roast carrots, potatoes and steamed broccoli

Wednesday, Sept. 9 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOLLS!
B - Cereal
L - Chicken sandwiches (maybe chicken salad sandwiches)
D - Meat & Zucchini Lasagna w/steamed broccoli and garlic toasts

Thursday, Sept. 10
B - Bagels
L - Lasagna (yes, we will eat leftovers for lunch as much as possible in order to save $$ on deli meats)
D - Pork fried rice

Friday, Sept. 11 - GOD BLESS AMERICA & OUR TROOPS! We'll NEVER Forget
B - English Muffins
L - Pork Fried Rice
D - Chicken Broccoli Rice casserole w/a lettuce salad

Saturday, Sept. 12
B - Fruit & yogurt smoothie
L - Chicken Broccoli Rice casserole
D - Frozen Pizza

Sunday, Sept. 13
B - Scrambled Eggs
L - English muffin pizzas ??? (I haven't decided on lunch for this day. If the Fins are playing, we'll probably cook out at my parents' house.)
D - Shrimp Pomodoro Pasta w/sweet peas

A lot of these recipes came from a magazine I get from Kraft.com. Not sure how or why I get it, but I never paid for it. Anyhow, here's the online version. It's the same magazine, just internet form. You can print and store recipes on there if you create an account. You can also print coupons from Kraftfoods.com as well. It's a GREAT resource.

The rest of the recipes are either recipes I've always made, came from Andrea or Devynn, or from this Weight Watchers Mix It Match It cookbook. Of course, they'll be changed a little bit if they come from the WW cookbook. (I like REAL eggs, not egg beaters, and REAL sugar. LOL).

I think everything should be a pretty good mix of healthy stuff. I always try to have at LEAST one green vegetable at every dinner, whether it be mixed in or on the side.

So, now that I've given you this week's menu, I'm off to fold some laundry until my family wakes up from their naps! (Yes, both kids and Will are all napping!)

TTFN!

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment