CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 14, 2009

September 14 - Lunch - Chicken, Hummus, & Salad Pitas

Breakfast was pretty boring this morning. It was more of a mish-mosh of things. LOL. The kids ate some of Will's bagel with cream cheese, watermelon, and yogurt. Then, they both had their own bowl of cereal.

Lunch, on the other hand, was awesome! I made Chicken, Hummus & Salad Pitas!

Chicken, Hummus & Salad Pitas
1 cup chicken, shredded or cubed
1 plum tomato, chopped
1/2 cup chopped seedless cucumber (I think one with seeds would be fine. I didn't even have one.)
1 scallion, thinly sliced (I don't prefer scallions, so I omitted this)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (another item I don't prefer)
1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
1 (6-inch) whole wheat pita bread (you can buy pita pockets already cut and sliced open)
2 tablespoons hummus (I like the garlic kind)
1 cup loosely packed mixed salad greens
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Combine the tomato, cucumber, scallion, dill, lemon juice and chicken in a medium bowl; set aside.
Halve the pita bread crosswise to form 2 pockets. Spread 1 tablespoon of the hummus inside each pocket.
Gently stir the salad greens and feta cheese into the tomato mixture. Spoon evenly into the 2 pita pockets.
Serve at once or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 6 hours.
Now, mine made enough to fill 3-4 pita halves, so I would say this could easily feed 2-4 people. However, Will ate 2 halves and I had 1 and the leftovers in the bowl. This was absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making this again.
I didn't have a cucumber, and I don't think it made THAT much of a difference. Oh, and my Feta cheese was already seasoned with sun-dried tomato flakes and basil, so I didn't use any dill.
Enjoy!
Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment