CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September 22 - Dinner - Chicken Bruschetta Bake

I wasn't totally thrilled with this one, but I think it's because the layering directions were written out of order in the book. I'm writing it the way I think it SHOULD have been written.

However, Will & the kids all loved it! I liked it too, just wasn't one of my favorites. =)

Chicken Bruschetta Bake
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg (6 oz) stuffing mix for chicken (dry)
1/2 cup water
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves (I just had dried basil, worked just fine)
1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese

Heat oven to 400 F. Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix (dry), water and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistened.

Layer chicken, basil, stuffing mixture and cheese in 13 x 9-inch or 3-quart baking dish.

Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy now or cover and refrigerate. To reheat, microwave each serving on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes.

**NOTE: I used pre-cooked chicken and still cooked it about 30 minutes. The chicken was still very moist because of the juice from the diced tomatoes and the water.**

Estimated Cost: about $5

Enjoy!

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment