CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Budget BUST!

Well, it's official. I TOTALLY busted my budget this month! So badly, I don't even want to tell you about it. But, I did get 30 lbs of cat food for $18 ($0.10 less per pound than the local warehouse store). I'm going to share some of the deals here, because it's important for you to know that I did stock up on things that I will use in several recipes over the next several months. i.e. I shouldn't have to buy pasta sauce for at least 3 months! And cat food for that matter. Anyways, overall, I did save almost $500! I'd say that's more than 50% savings. I'm going to try to be really good this month, and I shouldn't need lots of things. (I tried to include amount of each if I remembered.)

Here are some of the things I stocked up on last month:

(6) Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta: $0.79/2 boxes - normally $1.79 EACH
(6) Newman's Own Pasta Sauce: $0.69/jar - normally over $2.00 per jar!
(10) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes - $0.55/can - normally over $2 per can!
(9) Purina Cat Food 3.5 lbs - $2.00/bag - normally $5-6/per bag
Cereal - $1 - $1.50 per box - normally between $3-$5/box
(8) Eggo Waffles - $0.68 /box - normally $2.36 per box
(8) Glade Oil Twin Refill packs - $0.75/box - normally $5.49 per box!!!
(3) Glade Oil warmers - FREE - normally $3.99 each
(6) Boxes Green Giant Frozen veggies - $0.50/box - normally $1.99 per box

And there were MANY more things! I'm pretty sure my grocery lists will be pretty small this month (unless I find an EXTREMELY good deal). In fact, I will only have to pick up a few things from Costco until my meat all runs out.

I've also decided I'm not buying bread ever again! I think I've gotten raising yeast down to a science, and I love it! Fresh bread tastes so much better than store bought! Now, to eat the several loaves in my freezer to free up space for more storage!

TTFN!

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment