CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 28, 2009

September 25 - Dinner - Lamb Tagine w/Apricots

This was o.k. Definitely NOT a favorite. I LOVE lamb, so when I saw this recipe, I was extremely excited. Unfortunately, I think it calls for WAY too much cinnamon, which made our tongues numb after a few bites. Don't get me wrong, it WAS delicious. But, I've decided WHEN I make a dish like this again (because my love for lamb will force me too), it will be more of a lamb curry (and NO apricots).

Lamb Tagine with Apricots
4 teaspoons canola oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound lamb, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1-1/2 teaspoons each cinnamon, ground cumin, and turmeric (definitely use LESS of these)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
12 dried apricot halves (I did NOT like the texture of these)
3 carrots, sliced
1 large (8-oz) potato, diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (I omitted this because I do NOT like mint on my food)

Preheat oven to 400.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the lamb and cook, stirring, just until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, ginger and salt; cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Stir in the broth, apricots, carrots, and potato. Transfer to a casserole dish. Cover and cook until the lamb is very tender, about 1-1/2 hours.

Stir in the mint before serving.

If you like lamb, you might as well try this. Just lessen the spices. I tossed this with whole wheat egg noodles.

Enjoy!

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment