CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September 22 - Lunch - Asian Cabbage Slaw w/Pork

Well, I've decided not to post about breakfast anymore, unless I'm making something other than the usual (cereal, waffles, bagels, oatmeal, etc). It just makes my life easier! =)

For lunch yesterday (yes, I'm a day behind again), we had this recipe:

Asian Cabbage Slaw w/Pork
1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar (I'm sure you can use any white wine vinegar)
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger (I had ground, who keeps fresh ginger around the house?)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 teaspoon honey
2 cups packaged coleslaw mix
1 cup finely chopped cooked pork
2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally (I don't like scallions, so I skipped these. It's a texture thing. LOL)

Mix together the vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, oil and honey in a medium bowl. Add the coleslaw mix, pork, and scallions, toss to coat.

**This only makes 2 servings. You can EASILY double, triple, etc to make more (which you'll want to because it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!**

Estimated cost: about $4

Enjoy!

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment