CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 7, 2009

September 7 - Breakfast - Stuffed French Toast!


Happy Labor Day all! So, to start our day off right, I made stuffed French toast for everyone (except for myself since I don't like bananas! I just had regular french toast.)

Here's how to make it:

Stuffed French Toast - 4 Servings
4 eggs
8 pieces of bread (I use whole wheat, but it could be any kind. Cinnamon Raisin would be the best!)
cinnamon
sugar
milk
cream cheese (softened or room temperature to make it easy to spread)
1 or 2 bananas, thinly sliced

Break the eggs into a bowl. Whisk in milk (about 1/4 cup, but I usually just "eye" it), cinnamon & sugar (to your taste). Heat the skillet or griddle to medium high heat. Spread cream cheese on one side of each piece of bread. Cover the cream cheese with banana slices and place a second piece of bread on top (cream cheese should be touching the bananas). It should now look like a cream cheese and banana sandwich.

Take the "sandwich" and dip it in the egg mixture, turning on both sides to coat it. Place your "sandwich" on the griddle. Cook about 1-2 minutes and flip until both sides are golden brown. Let it cool a little, cut it, smother it with syrup, and ENJOY!

Now, we have some finnicky eaters in our house. Westley devoured his (and had fun making a mess with it), and so did Will. Felicity on the other hand, didn't like it and ended up having plain French toast. And I, of course, don't like bananas, so I had plain French toast with Tize as well.

I will definitely be making this again for the boys. Maybe next time I will use strawberries and then I can eat it too! :)

Estimated cost: about $3 for 4 servings! Not bad!

Anyways, check back later for my grocery shopping costs!

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment